Saturday, December 23, 2006

More About the Impending Demise of the Record Industry

If you read and enjoyed my Dec. 1 post, Art Vs. Greed, I've found several other articles that may interest you. One was written more than 10 years ago, by legendary nonconformist artist/producer/engineer Steve Albini. It's called The Problem With Music, and it was originally printed in Maximumrockandroll #133, June 1994. I had completely forgotten about this article, which was rather famous (or infamous) at the time. It's amazing how relevant it seems today!

A much newer article is called The Reasons (to get rid of the major record lablels). It's presented by Downhill Battle, a "non-profit organization working to support participatory culture and build a fairer music industry." I encourage you to look around their site, and read some of the other articles as well.

I should also mention that I found this information courtesy of the Cameron Music Group.
Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Facebook I'm reading: More About the Impending Demise of the Record IndustryAdd To Yahoo

No comments:

Post a Comment