Friday, January 26, 2007

New Free Soundhack Plugins!

Many of my friends and students have heard me rave about Soundhack for years. Well, they just released a free cross-platform bundle of 5 plugins, in VST/RTAS/AU formats. The plugins include a compressor/expander, several noise/distortion plugins, a mid-side encoder/decoder, and a "phasescope." Did I mention they are free? You can get them right here!

You can also download the Soundhack program for free, but it only runs on a Mac. If you are a Mac user, as well as an audio geek, you must download this app! The UI is text-based, and manipulating sounds is often a trial-and-error process, but it's well worth it. I created many of the sounds I used in my electronic project using Soundhack!

You might even want to check out their "Spectral Shapers" plugins. They cost money, but you can use it in demo mode for 14 days. I haven't tried it, but it looks like it does some of the things Soundhack does, but with an easier-to-use interface, and the ability to use it within your host DAW! There is an endorsement by Trent Reznor on the website, so that's good enough for me!
Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Facebook I'm reading: New Free Soundhack Plugins!Add To Yahoo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey there. I am trying to get ahold of you. I am coming to visit in the next couple weeks. I hope to get some time to visit with you after all you are the reason I want to come visit. Let me know.

jmlitterio@yahoo.com

Post a Comment