Friday, May 11, 2007

Grrr....Arrrgh part 2

Well, I saw Spiderman 3 tonight. Then, in order to blot out the memory of what may well be the worst superhero movie ever made, and to remind myself that Sam Raimi has made some movies that I like, I stayed up an extra couple of hours and watched Army of Darkness.

Getting back to Spiderman 3, though: The last time I walked out of a sequel of a movie I loved shaking my head in stunned disbelief was Escape From L.A. I think my disbelief and disappointment was even greater this time! 'Nuff Said!!
Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Facebook I'm reading: Grrr....Arrrgh part 2Add To Yahoo

6 comments:

fake said...

"…what may well be the worst superhero movie ever made…"

Did you not see Hulk? :-)

Joel G Goodman said...

yeah... not worth the midnight showing I saw it at. I should've gone to bed.

Rod Kim said...

Yeah, me and Nick went to go see SM3 at a midnight showing after like 72 hours of contiuous work hoping for a nice self-reward at the end of a long shift...nope. It was entertaining in the fact that it was Spiderman and all, but Spidey jumped the shark for me when he swooped down, posed in front of the American flag full frame and lept away...I actually yelled, "What the hell?" in the theatre out loud. I was also dissappointed in how Venom was played as a sidekick villian...SM2 was one of the best hero movies I've ever seen and I was hoping this would take that level of movie making and dive into the dark side, but Peter Paker just ended up being a geeky emo kid...

Oh well, looks like Raimi and Co. got their check before production started...

Ben Makinen said...

I remember walking out of Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes 20 years ago - does that count?!

Ben Makinen said...

Oh yeah - my daughter reminds me that Cinderella 3 was awesome!! I won't give anything away here, except to let the feint of heart know that everything does work out fine - for the good gals anyway!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mike...You saved me $15.00, three coke ads, four chevy ads, an army ad and the kid next to me texting how lame the movie is to his lame friends!

Post a Comment