Monday, March 03, 2008

Trent Reznor's first independent release

Nine Inch Nails today announced their first release outside the major labels, the 36-song instrumental "Ghosts I-IV." It is available in a variety of pricing options, from a 9-song free version to a $300 vinyl release with a ton of extras. Probably the most attractive option to the casual fan is a download-only version of the entire album plus a PDF and other extras for $5!

The paid downloads are offered in a choice of (DRM-free) formats: 320kpbs LAME mp3, FLAC lossless, or Apple lossless.

My advice, however: Wait a day or so until they iron out their server issues. I don't think they expected such an overwhelming response. I have been unsuccessful so far in downloading my order.

It has only been a few months since Mr. Reznor announced his departure from his label. I am impressed that he has released new material this quickly, and I think/hope the response to it is a very positive sign!

Link: http://ghosts.nin.com/main/home


Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Facebook I'm reading: Trent Reznor's first independent releaseAdd To Yahoo

3 comments:

Jason @ PSB said...

Cool! I'm cheap, so I think I'll download the free version. Then if I'm liking that, I will spring for the budget $5 version you mentioned. If I had a million dollars I would go all out and get the $300 vinyl version, but I'm poor. :)

-Jason
Po' Safe Bloggaholic

fake said...

I haven't been able to download my order either (I found out about it yesterday on Digg). Just so you know, your posts about Year Zero are the only reason I found out that I liked NIN; for that, you have my gratitude.

fake said...

A few hours ago, ghosts.nin.com had a link to an official BitTorrent seed on The Pirate Bay (for the first volume). That worked just fine for me, which is odd considering that IT here at Greenville claimed awhile back that they had started blocking BitTorrent. Anyway, that's the (partial) work-around until NIN's servers are working well enough to download one's purchase.

Post a Comment