Monday, March 03, 2008

Trent Reznor's first independent release

Nine Inch Nails today announced their first release outside the major labels, the 36-song instrumental "Ghosts I-IV." It is available in a variety of pricing options, from a 9-song free version to a $300 vinyl release with a ton of extras. Probably the most attractive option to the casual fan is a download-only version of the entire album plus a PDF and other extras for $5!

The paid downloads are offered in a choice of (DRM-free) formats: 320kpbs LAME mp3, FLAC lossless, or Apple lossless.

My advice, however: Wait a day or so until they iron out their server issues. I don't think they expected such an overwhelming response. I have been unsuccessful so far in downloading my order.

It has only been a few months since Mr. Reznor announced his departure from his label. I am impressed that he has released new material this quickly, and I think/hope the response to it is a very positive sign!

Link: http://ghosts.nin.com/main/home


Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Facebook I'm reading: Trent Reznor's first independent releaseAdd To Yahoo

3 comments:

Post a Comment