Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Geek Credentials

So, I feel like I established my geek credentials early in life. I started wearing glasses in the 4th grade, and started playing trombone in the 5th grade. I voraciously read Marvel comics and science fiction novels, used words like "voraciously" in everyday conversation, saw every episode of the original Star Trek series multiple times, saw the first 3 Star Wars films multiple times in the theaters, played D&D, learned to program in Basic on an Apple II, etc. all before I graduated from high school.

Alright, so the third Star Wars film came out after I graduated from high school, but here's my point: Now that it's "cool" to be a geek, it's a bit annoying when I see someone I know was a jock in high school pretending they were a geek all along. I'm just saying....
Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Facebook I'm reading: Geek CredentialsAdd To Yahoo

3 comments:

Post a Comment